(As seen on BizJournals.com)
The majority of businesses across the nation are struggling to keep employees on board for extensive periods of time. TeamOne Logistics shares five strategies businesses can utilize to improve employee retention:
1. Provide training. From hire date and continually throughout employment, provide employees with proper training, guidance, and resources to better themselves, both personally and career-wise, to show you care about their wellbeing.
2. Compensate accordingly. You don’t need to be a multi-million dollar corporation to pay staff well. By hiring the right amount of individuals and effectively budgeting your income, you can afford to provide employees with sufficient pay and benefits.
3. Offer feedback and open communication to employees. Providing feedback, positive reinforcement, and open communication to employees gives them an idea of how they’re doing and allows them to ask questions on how they can improve their work in order to meet company needs and goals.
4. Create a positive company culture. Creating a positive, fun, and upbeat company motivates and inspires employees to come to work every day.Hosting events, offering bonuses/incentives, and participating in volunteer activities are three examples of how companies can accomplish this.
5. Be flexible and lenient with personal needs. Life happens. Make it known to your staff that you and your management team are available for assistance when it comes to personal needs. Whether someone needs to take time off or work from home for a day, being flexible and willing to adjust to life’s occurrences makes employees feel comfortable and safe in your company’s hands.
Founded in 2003 and based in Alpharetta, Georgia, TeamOne Logistics designs and manages integrated workforce solutions that minimize the liability, cost, and complexity of your logistics enabled business.TeamOne Logistics utilizes the elements of trust, focus, and expertise to deliver consistent results which enable them to be the chosen logistic workforce partner for various different businesses.
- Posted by admin
- On January 14, 2016
- 0 Comments